There is an urgent need for all housing and care providers to upgrade analogue grouped and dispersed systems, due to the digital switchover programme. At some point during the run up to 2025, traditional analogue systems will fail. Knowing where to go for help and advice is an issue.
A new white paper supported by Everon and Housing LIN with contributions from Openreach, BT, TSA and Eseye, has been launched for the sector. This paper:
- Provides an up-to-date position on the digital switchover from the industry experts.
- Pulls out the real risks for buyers and service users.
- The opportunities of digital for housing and care providers.
- Detailed Q&A with practical tips.
- Case studies of those on the digital journey.
Peter Kerly, MD, Everon UK added “This paper has been drafted because of a growing need to better inform the sector about important changes impacting the digital transition. Following two successful webinars and a breakfast meeting with housing and care leaders, some key questions were debated and we hope this paper will help anyone looking for more support.”
What to look out for:
- Telecare stakeholder action plan: analogue to digital switchover
- Read more about DHSC’s policy paper on how they are working with the telecare sector to help prepare for the transition from analogue to digital networks.
- Adult Social Care Discharge Fund – £500 million
- More than 13,000 people who are medically fit for discharge are stuck in hospital every day. Read about guidance on allocations, conditions and metrics The funding can be used to purchase supportive technology to support recovery at home.
- A bunch of initiatives and funding announcements
- As more information becomes available, we summarise the key points from the Department of Health and Social Care’s plan for digital health and social care
- Support for the sector
- Find out more about how the TSA is providing a range of initiatives to support the transition to digital.
- The Scandinavian story
- How Scandinavia migrated from analogue to digital and lessons they learnt.
- Broadband vs SIM
- What’s the real benefits?
Housing and care providers have ageing stock and arguably the technology sector has been slow to provide a digital offering. Customers want choice, best of breed technology, open APIs, yet they need to understand the costs and don’t want a one size fits all approach. However, the first step in solving the problem is to recognise that it does exist.
Download the paper for the information you need to make important steps forward with digital.
About Everon – Your digital partner
Everon is the European market leader in digital grouped living solutions. Through significant investment in innovation over many years, our flexible, cable-free, open platform provides personalised, trusted and sustainable solutions that enhance life.
Everon uniquely invests 10% of its revenue in research and development pa and all systems can be quickly configured to suit specific client requirements in any care setting including care homes, assisted living or at home.
Health, housing and care partners can be reassured of the upmost quality, value for money and future proofed investment. With cloud-based, secure data sharing, our systems enable one holistic view and deliver proactive service models.